Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Blogging from A to Z April Challenge 2016 - Letter P

Disney World Vacation:
  Planning, Prepping, Packing and Postponing a trip of a lifetime and things I learned along the way.

Packing to go North and South: I've never been a light packer; why take one blouse when I might need two. In December, maybe it will snow, maybe it will rain. If I take the gray sweater, and I drip ice cream on it, then should I take a black sweater in case I needed the gray to wear with the black capris. Or maybe throw in a blue in case....
Instead of buying packing cubes I used those zippered plastic bags that comforters, sheet sets and curtains come in. I was able to pack a weeks worth of clothes for my son, my daughter and myself. The bags that curtains came in were perfect for all of the toiletries for everyone. Instead of spending $30 on a set of 3 packing cubes I'm buying myself a pair of summer sandals.:
Pinterest

I cannot tell you tonight what I will wear tomorrow. I can plan ahead, but until I wake up and see what my mood is, I don't make a final decision. I may have picked a yellow shirt but now this morning it is blue or nothing at all. Some people pack each day's outfit in a plastic bag to save room and time. I look at those neat bags for 6 or 7 days in a suitcase and I am envious.

I have tried picking 2 or 3 colors with hopes that it will limit my choices. Let's say black, white and red. By the second day I am upset and uncomfortable because there are no other choices in the suitcase. Does not bode well for the day. Yes, I have a problem.

25 Tips for Perfect Packing:
Pinterest
So two suitcases, two different temperature zones. In one, I put long pants, turtle necks, medium sweaters, boots, hat, scarf, gloves and coat in early winter and Christmas colors. In the other, I put capris, short sleeve, mid sleeve, no sleeve tops, light weight sweaters, light weight jacket, sneakers, sandals and scarves, a big sun hat. These are all in warm weather colors. I pack jewelry with a Christmas theme for both places.  

I do this a few days ahead of when I'm leaving, and then second guess myself by taking things out to lessen the load and then putting things back because I'm afraid. Maybe another pair of pants or a pair of shorts. Maybe I should take the bathing suit and cover up.

 I text Alison, I call Alison. She says she's gotten some of the small essentials we can share. She says she hasn't started to think about what she will pack. Granted, she has 3 days longer than I do because I have to travel to her house and we don't leave until Wednesday at 6:25 am.

She's a little more vague than the last time we talked. She says she thinks she caught a cold from her grandson. She has a bit of a headache. She's going to take a nap. I think I'll go have a drink!!

 
 

 

1 comment:

JoJo said...

My parents used to always buy new outfits for traveling. It was just normal for me to do that till I got older and saw that other people just packed what they had. Now that's what I do and as little as possible so I don't have to check a bag.