Monday, April 18, 2016

Blogging from A to Z April Challenge 2016 - Letter O

Disney World Vacation:
  Planning, Prepping, Packing and Postponing a trip of a lifetime and things I learned along the way.

Orlando: I was wondering how big Disney World actually is. I did a little exploring and found out the amusement park is about 30,000 acres, give or take a few.  That's about twice the size of Manhattan, or the actual size of San Francisco. Luckily for me, the parks only take up about a 1/4 of the property.

The land was originally swamps, pasture, forest and orange groves. Some of the property was set aside as a Nature Preserve. Much of the land is still undeveloped. There is lots of space between everything. Just getting from your room to the entrance of the resort to catch the bus can be many footsteps.

So, that brings me to actually ME getting around. I am overweight, I haven't done any long distance  walking since my husband started to have very bad pain in his back, hips and feet, and I don't have good muscle tone. I huff and puff going up a flight of stairs. How was I going to do the miles required? And although my sister is in better shape, she hasn't been walking at regular intervals, either.Pride Portable Electric GoGo Scooter Rental Orlando:

Maybe I should rent a walker or a electric scooter. We could share the use so neither one of us would be worn out. I looked up scooters and the price is about $50.00 a day for a scooter and it must stay in the park that you originally rented it from. Then I began to think about how I would maneuver it in the crowds and have to worry about leaving it outside when we went in to attractions. EEEEEK.

 If there was just some more time to get myself in shape.


 

1 comment:

JoJo said...

My husband got one for his mom when they took his kids several years ago. Apparently she ran into him and over his foot quite a bit. lol I'd be scared to drive one through those crowds too.