Monday, April 22, 2013

Blogging from A to Z April Challenge- Letter S

WELCOME, EVERYONE:

 to my second year in the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge.

Since I plan to retire shortly, I thought an alphabetical look back at my paying library career and a look ahead to my crafting and writing career would be a good use of my 26 days in this challenge, 26 wonderful words for retiring me. Hope you enjoy. I am looking forward to reading whatever you share this month on your blogs, too.

LOOKING BACK: 
Singing- (to utter words or sounds in succession with musical modulations of the voice.) 
I sing all the time, or hum or whistle. I do it when I am happy, sad, angry, nervous, excited, worried. Pretty much all the time. I do it in a not so great anymore voice and don't usually realize I am. In fact, when the staff got me a beautiful pin to celebrate my 65th birthday, they gave me a musical staff with a pearl in the circle flourish part.  When they thought of me, they thought of how they could tell me mood by what I was singing at the time. I was honored. Rather be remembered as a hummer than as someone who lost her temper.

Looking ahead: 
Sharing- (to use, participate in, enjoy, receive, etc. jointly.)
At work, we share problems, tasks, family stories, goals, dreams. We support each other every day. I hope to be able to keep those friendships alive after I leave.

I belong to several crafting and now writing groups on line and although nothing can duplicate the real thing, I hope I can build some new friends there, too.

Thanks for visiting and listening.

3 comments:

TaMara Sloan said...

That's great that you will be remembered as a good mood singer.

I'm sure you will be able to find a network of support in your new crafty life. :)

TaMara
Tales of a Pee Dee Mama

Heather M. Gardner said...

Do you take requests?
HMG

Kelley Lynn said...

Oh my gosh! I love to sing! I used to get yelled at in grade school because I would hum or sing while taking tests. :) haha