Tuesday, August 16, 2011

For the Ladies-In-Waiting in my family...

Good Morning to you on an overcast day. It was hard to get going today. I'm reading a great mystery book by Martha Grimes, a recent author discovery of mine, and it would have been perfect to stay curled up in my big comfy chair with the book, a cup of tea, several cats and the view outside the adjacent picture window. I was, instead, a good girl and came in to the library to earn money to feed the above mentioned cats.


While scanning through some other stuff I found a poem I wrote a few years ago. It works perfectly for Sydney and Adriana who are patiently waiting for their little ones to arrive later this year.

Little One,
Living inside my body, you are already someone very special to me.
Little One,
Although I've yet to meet you, to see you, I know you-- and my heart has already swelled with love that is brand new for you.
Little One,
Know you are constantly in my thoughts, on my mind. I breathe with you and move with you. I've enveloped you in a soft cocoon of dreams and wishes for you.
Little One,
Although I can hardly wait to see you spread your butterfly wings and soar, I treasure so this time we have together as one, as two-- just us.

Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Heather M. Gardner said...

This is really sweet.
HMG

Anonymous said...

I will copy this for any of the young mothers I know (and between Bridget's friends and the teachers at school, I know a lot!). It's very beautiful. Alison

Anonymous said...

Thanks Aunt Suzanne, this is really beautiful :) Love, Adriana